Stand-Alone Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finally! My Education is Paying Off!

Well, I did it.  No, not that.  I finally rigged my home arcade (for those of you who were paying attention, I described how to get one of your own) to run TWO profiling gamepads simultaneously!
Despite what some "experts" tell you, you can use a wired PS3 controller as a PC gamepad.  Just plug it in, and make sure your game supports "press and set" button configuration - that is, when you are in the input configuration, and you want to tell it what button 1 does (or more precisely, what the PC sees when you press button 1), you press a button, and the computer maps the response over, say Button C (this shows on mine as "joypad(0) +").
Now, I can play multiplayer on the umpteen million games I have on my laptop! HUZZAH!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to know! Thanks! I have a few controllers laying around, I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete