Stand-Alone Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter - One Political Correction Away From a Secular Holiday

I plan, first, to celebrate Easter as it was meant to be.  No, not reveling in the Resurrection of the Messiah (although not a bad idea!), but attending church services with my family.  THEN, I get to indulge in the guilty pleasures of the holiday - candy, and lots of it!  With the exception of Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving, no other holiday is more devoted to eating all the things that are killing people by inches that Easter Sunday.  Cadbury Creme Eggs, Reeses Peanut Butter eggs about the size of a baseball, Peanut butter whoppers, Reese's pieces eggs (noticing a trend?), hershey bars, sixlets,  chocolate eggs with those crispy things in them, twix, rolos,  and the Lord and Master of Candied Easter Treats - An 18" Chocolate Bunny (six inches of ears!)!  Insulin shock, here we come!

4 comments:

  1. Now this is not good. Here I am trying to convince people I'm not loony, and blogspot.com allows me to comment on myself publicly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You plan to do the things that you want to do with your family. Remembering that we all have religious beliefs that we follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im off the candy but i will be eating everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm, Candy! Most of it will be my daughter's, but its free.

    ReplyDelete